Tired of your less-than-perfect smile? Don’t let common issues like cavities, cracks, and discoloration tarnish your smile. Depending on your problem and oral conditions, your orthodontist in Santa Ana, CA may recommend dental crowns as a solution. Learn more about these versatile dental restorations and how they can give you the attractive, functional smile of your dreams.
Essential Facts about Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are one of the most popular ways to restore a smile without the need for surgery. Like any dental procedure, however, it’s important to know as much as you can about the treatment before getting it done. Below are five things you should know about dental crowns:
1. Dental crowns are designed to cover teeth.
Made from durable materials like porcelain, crowns are molded in the shape of the tooth they’re meant to fix. To accomplish this, Santa Ana orthodontics specialists take an impression of the patient’s teeth. They will use this to customize the crown to completely cover the tooth from all sides, hide imperfections, and create a brand-new smile.
2. Dental crowns look natural.
With crowns, you don’t have to worry about a fake-looking smile. Your dentist and the dental laboratory will work closely to color match the crowns to the contours and shade of your original teeth. They may also add some subtle nicks and dents into the crown to mimic the natural wear and tear of real teeth. Finally, porcelain crowns reflect light the same way as natural teeth. This makes it very difficult to tell your crown-enhanced smile apart from the real thing.
3. Dental crowns can help solve several oral issues.
Crowns have numerous functional and aesthetic uses. If you want to improve any areas below, then you might be an excellent candidate for this dental restoration option:
· Aesthetics – Dental crowns can resolve cracked, broken, and stained teeth.
· Support for Chewing – Since porcelain crowns are incredibly durable, you can bite and chew food with renewed confidence.
· Protection – Dental crowns can prevent further damage to decayed and broken teeth by “capping” the affected area against bacteria and other potential problems.
· Tooth Restoration – Dental crowns also function in tandem with other cosmetic treatments. They can support a dental bridge, cap a root canal, or function as replacement teeth to complete a dental implant.
4. Dental crowns can last up to 15 years or more.
High-quality dental crowns fitted by an experienced orthodontist in Santa Ana, CA can last anywhere from 5-15 years. With the right care, they can last even longer. This makes it an amazing investment for those looking for a long-term smile solution.
5. Dental crowns are easy to maintain.
By themselves, dental crowns are a breeze to take care of. Simply observe proper oral hygiene practices. Brush, floss, and avoid damaging habits like chewing ice, grinding your teeth, or using them to tear open packaging.
Smile Brighter than Ever with Pacific Dental Smiles
Say hello to a brighter and more beautiful smile with Pacific Dental Smiles! Our skilled dentist in Santa Ana specializes in a variety of tooth restoration procedures, including dental crowns, implants, bridges, braces, and more.
Get one step closer to your best smile ever. Call us now at (714) 542-224 to schedule a consultation!